Enrollment Services departments are open for in-person and virtual services. Please check the Enrollment Services Update page for hours, service offerings, and contact methods.


Residency for Tuition Purposes

What is "Residency for Tuition and Fee Purposes"?

Your residency status (whether you are a California resident or not) determines whether your tuition and fees will be charged at a California-resident or nonresident rate. Our campus residency and fee coordinator determines that status based on information you provide in your Statement of Legal Residence. Access to the Statement of Legal Residence is provided through MyUCR to all students who have completed the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR).

  • December 1st is the deadline to submit requested residency documents for students admitted for winter 2024.
  • Rescission of Temporary Amendments to Residency Policy.
  • The UC Office of the President website provides a useful summary of residency procedures, requirements, policies and appeal information.
  • If the outcome of any of these processes is a nonresident status, supplemental tuition must be paid. This includes failure on your part to complete the process by the deadline.
  • Education Code sections and UC Regents' regulations are available at our office.
  • Residency requirements are subject to change.
  • Graduate Students can submit the Statement of Legal Residence at SLR.ucr.edu 

Student Business Services

Connect with the cashier, ask billing questions and get assistance with your important accounts.

Financial Aid

Discover financial aid options, learn about eligibility, and find out how to apply for and receive your aid.