Enrollment Services departments are open for in-person and virtual services. Please check the Enrollment Services Update page for hours, service offerings, and contact methods.


Enrollment Verification

Proof of Student Status

Enrollment verification proves to third parties that you are, or were previously, enrolled as a student at UCR. There are many situations in which you may need to provide verification of your student status, such as applying for a job, deferring student loans or seeking a discount on insurance. The Registrar’s Office provides several convenient options to help you verify your enrollment: :

  1. Verifications that do not require an accompanying form to be completed can be submitted online via a student's R’Web account.
  2. Verifications that require a document to be filled out can be submitted through the Online Enrollment Verification Request or by attaching an Enrollment Verification Request Form and submitting them in person or through the mail. Please see below for additional details. 

Recent graduates may have an urgent need to provide documentation proving their degree requirements have been met to be eligible for a job offer or gain admission to a graduate school program. If your degree has not yet posted, contact your college office and request a Letter of Degree Completion. If your degree has been conferred, but you are waiting for your diploma, your degree will be listed on your official transcript

Third parties who need to verify a student's enrollment or degree must obtain verification through our clearinghouse. Information on how to obtain a third-party verification is provided below.


  • We cannot verify enrollment for a quarter until you have registered for courses.
  • Most verification needs can be met with the standard enrollment verification* (see sample) available through R’Web. If you need an accompanying form completed or have unique requirements, please see the options below.
  • If you are a third party who needs to verify a student’s enrollment or degree, you must obtain this information through the National Student Clearinghouse. Details are provided below in the section “Third Party Verification”.


  • Visit R’Web to request a standard enrollment verification (see sample). This is the quickest and most efficient way to request a verification and will satisfy the majority of requests. Standard verifications contain information about the term you select as well as a history of terms you have attended UCR.  
  • If you have an accompanying form that must be completed by the university, you can submit your request through the Online Enrollment Verification Request and attach your accompanying form.

Drop-Off and Mail in (Accompanying Forms) 

  • Available for an accompanying form completion only. Download and complete the Enrollment Verification Request Form and submit it along with your physical supplemental form via US mail or in person at the Highlander One Stop Shop (HOSS).* This form must be signed for us to complete your request.
  • Mail your completed form to the following address:
University of California, Riverside
Office of the Registrar
2249 Student Services Building
Riverside, CA 92521-0118


The Highlander One Stop Shop (HOSS) is located on the first floor of the Student Services Building.

All requests for verification of enrollment or degree by third parties must be placed through the National Student Clearinghouse. Requests made directly to the Office of the Registrar will be referred to the Clearinghouse. Please use one of the convenient methods below to contact the National Student Clearinghouse and start your request. 

You Should Know: 

  • The National Student Clearinghouse abides by all provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). 
  • Neither UCR nor the National Student Clearinghouse will acknowledge or disclose information based on a student’s social security number. 
  • Degree verification is generally available eight to sixteen weeks after the end of the term in which the student graduated. 


Visit the National Student Clearinghouse website for service 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.


National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
  1. Go to the Frequently Asked Questions page, select "Enrollment Verification" from the top right pull down.
  2. Type your question in the open field on the left.
  3. Click "Search" to receive your answer.

Enrollment Verification FAQs