How to Adjust Your Classes through the Add/Drop Period
How to Adjust Your Classes After the Add/Drop Period
After the add/drop period, all changes must be made with an online Enrollment Adjustment Form. Undergraduate students can access the form beginning Friday of week two. There is a $4 fee after the Friday of week three.
For summer session classes, the process is different; enrollment adjustment forms are found here.
About The Enrollment Adjustment Form
The Enrollment Adjustment Form includes instructions on how to:
- Add a class
- Change a section
- Withdraw from (drop) a class
- Change your grading basis
- Change variable units
The "Learn More" section has info for international students, those concerned about financial aid and those making retroactive enrollment adjustments.
You May Need to Obtain Signatures
After submitting the form, follow the instructions that will be displayed for obtaining and submitting necessary approvals. Note that these directions have been updated for Spring 2020.
A dean's signature is required when you:
- Add a class after week three
- Withdraw from a class after week six. For Spring 2020 ONLY students do NOT require a Dean’s signature through June 18, 2020. Requests after the end of the quarter should be submitted to your college/school so they may submit on your behalf.
- Change your grading basis after week eight For Spring 2020 ONLY students do NOT require a Dean’s signature through the end of the quarter.
- Change variable units after week eight
After You Submit Your Form
You will receive emails notifying you of the status of your request. You may also visit MyForms.ucr.edu to check your progress.
During Spring 2020 and Summer 2020, Enrollment Adjustment Forms are available online via this link. On the petition, students enter the email address of their graduate program coordinator. Once the petition is submitted, that person will receive an email with a copy of the petition. Please follow the steps outlined in that email to submit the petition to Graduate Academic Affairs.
For all other quarters, you may obtain a paper Enrollment Adjustment Form from your department’s graduate program coordinator beginning Wednesday of week two. Directions and required signatures will be made clear when you obtain the form. Bring your completed form to the Graduate Division.
If you are adding a class after week three, or dropping a class after week six, you may need to complete an additional form called the Graduate Petition for Late or Retroactive Enrollment Adjustment.