Proof of Student Status
Enrollment verification proves to third parties that you are enrolled as a student at UCR. There are many situations in which you may need to prove your student status, for example, when applying for a job, deferring student loans or seeking insurance discounts. We can help you verify your enrollment via R’Web. If you have a supplemental form that must be completed, then you must submit the request via mail or in person.
If you are a third party who needs to verify a student's enrollment or degree, we can connect you with our clearinghouse. See the details below.
If you completed all requirements, but your degree has not yet posted and you have an urgent need for documentation to receive a job offer or graduate school admission, contact your college office and request a certification letter stating your degree requirements are met.
- For the most efficient processing, order an enrollment verification via R’Web. You will need your NetID and password. You may not use this method if your verification requires a supplemental form to be completed.
- If you have a supplemental form that must be completed by the university, you must use the "By Mail" or "In Person" options below.
- Print an Enrollment Verification Request Form (or create a letter that includes the same information).
- If you have a form from a third party, please attach it.
- Mail your completed form and check or money order to:
Office of the Registrar
2249 Student Services Building
Riverside, CA 92521-0118
UCR has authorized National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for all third-party verifications of student enrollment and/or degrees. Degree verification for the most recent term is available approximately eight to sixteen weeks after the term ends. The clearinghouse abides by all provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). All agencies contacting the Office of the Registrar for enrollment verification will be referred to the National Student Clearinghouse. Neither UCR nor the National Student Clearinghouse will acknowledge or disclose information based on a social security number. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:
Visit the National Student Clearinghouse website for service 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Mail:National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171