Loss of Course / Lapse Status  


Keep Your Courses and Maintain Your Admission

If your admission is cancelled, you can lose your courses, student privileges and financial aid. If you are an undergraduate student and your admission is cancelled, you must apply for readmission if you want to be reinstated as a UCR student. You must go to the Highlander One Stop Shop (HOSS) to request readmission for the term. Full payment upon readmission is expected, so please plan accordingly.  

Meet the Fee Payment Deadline

  • If you don't pay your tuition and fees by the fee payment deadline, you could lose your courses and be charged a $50 late fee.
  • You have the opportunity after losing your courses to re-enroll in classes on a space-available basis and pay your fees.
  • If you complete your registration by 5 p.m. on the fee payment deadline, you will be guaranteed that enrollment will be used for financial aid processing. 

Why Admission would be Cancelled

On the business day after the Friday of third week, your admission will be cancelled if:

  • You fail to pay your tuition and fees, and/or
  • You fail to register.