Late Payment Penalties
Avoid Penalties by Paying On TIme
We want you to be a successful student at UCR and have a smooth experience. Students’ role is to learn about and adhere to university deadlines to avoid late fees, losing classes, and holds. If you have questions about the details below don’t hesitate to reach out for assistance.
- You will be assessed fees only if you have enrolled and if the Statement of Account is available for the term.
- If you complete your registration by 4 p.m. on the fee payment deadline, you will be guaranteed that enrollment will be used for financial aid processing.
- All students who have past due charges on his/her account will receive a delinquent hold preventing further enrollment and transcript/diploma release until the account is paid in full.
- If you don't pay your tuition and fees by the fee payment deadline, you could be charged a $100 late tuition payment fee.
- If your tuition and fee charges remain unpaid one week before instruction, you could have your classes dropped.
- You have the opportunity after losing your courses to re-enroll in classes on a space-available basis and pay your fees before the add/drop period ends.
Graduate and Medical students:
- If you don’t pay your tuition and fees by Friday of second week of instruction, you could be charged a $100 late tuition payment fee.
If you are enrolled in courses and decide, before instruction begins, not to attend
the upcoming quarter, you MUST cancel your enrollment or you will be responsible for paying your fees and tuition.
Remember! If you do not enroll or cancel your admission, you can re-enroll for up to two additional consecutive quarters without having to reapply for admission. We hope to see you back, so look in your R’Mail account for updates on registration for next quarter!