Prepare Successful Proposals
If your department has designated you its course proposal preparer, we can help you schedule training, explain the proposal process, show you what materials you need to get from faculty and give you confidence when entering the actual proposal in the Course Request System (CRS).
- Step 1. See an overview of how course proposals work.
- Step 2. Review users and definitions to understand the role each person plays in the process and to clarify unfamiliar terms.
- Step 4. Most proposals require you to request reports showing how other courses and programs would be impacted. See if your proposal falls into this category and request reports through our online form.
- Step 5. Enter the proposal in CRS. Keep helpful forms and any faculty-provided worksheets handy as you work through the process.
- Step 6. After you submit the proposal, work with faculty and departmental staff to make adjustments
to the proposal as needed (based on review/approver feedback in the comments section
Step 7. Log in and search for your proposal. All users must ensure that their proposal reaches the correct Committee on Courses meeting.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help!