Preparers: Request Reports

Depending on your proposal, you may need to request mandatory reports. The purpose of ordering reports is to show you which courses and majors would be impacted by your course proposal. Responding appropriately to reports ensures that all impacted courses and programs stay current.

picDo I need to request reports?

You must request reports if you are:

  • Deleting a course
  • Renumbering a course
  • Changing a course title
  • Changing the units
  • Changing a cross-listing
  • Changing a credit statement
  • Submitting a course proposal with an enrollment priority statement or restriction


It may seem like several extra steps to run the required reports, but they are critical to ensuring that ALL courses and programs that are impacted by your course proposal stay current.


You must request reports before you submit your course proposal in CRAMS and at least five working days before a submission deadline. If you are late, you must request an extension. For CRS, you must submit a request on this page for program reports only.


Complete this online form. Enter the subject code and course number(s). You may enter as many course numbers as the field can handle, just make sure to separate them with commas. Check all the boxes that apply to your proposal. When you have entered all subject codes, proposed actions and required fields, hit "submit."

Then, the Academic Senate and/or Academic Scheduling will run the appropriate report(s) for you. You will receive an email outlining the results. After that, you should take the appropriate steps based on your proposal's impact (contacting departments with cross-listed courses etc.).

Request a Report




After You Receive Your Reports:

  1. Complete the appropriate fields in CRAMS on the Other Courses/Programs tab.
  2. Prepare course proposals for your department's affected courses and submit them concurrently.
  3. Submit program changes for your department's affected majors, minors, and programs.
  4. Contact other departments immediately if their courses, majors, minors, or programs are affected. Find department preparers.
  5. Document course and program changes internally to facilitate updating general catalog proofs.
  6. Contact us if you have questions.