Course Management - Returned Courses
After a course has been submitted, it may be returned by the Reviewer (Registrar's
an approver at a higher level for changing or correction before it is approved. It
will be returned to the Preparer's WIPQ (accessed through the CRAMS main menu by clicking
Updating a Course That is Not Cross-Listed
- Click Work-in-Progress Queue (WIPQ).
- Double-click the course, or single-click the course and then click Select.
- Click Comments, read the message from the Reviewer (or approver), then close the Comments field. If you want to copy and paste a phrase from the Reviewer comments, select the text, click Ctrl+C, close the comments, right-click to modify the appropriate field, and click Ctrl+V to paste the text.
- To modify a field, right click in the field and click Modify.
- Revise the field.
- If necessary, enter the Justification and check spelling.
- Click OK to exit the field.
- To save the course for later revision, click Save Work, then click Menu to exit the course.
NOTE Saved courses may be accessed through the Work-in-Progress Queue (WIPQ) at the CRAMS main menu.
To resubmit the course to the Reviewer, click Submit Course.
Updating Cross-Listed Courses
When cross-listed courses are returned from the Reviewer (or approver) for changing or correction, only one of the cross-listed courses will need to be updated. The following example for ETST 128/SOC 128 illustrates the process.
Ethnic Studies and Sociology Departments
- Go to Work-in-Progress Queue and select ETST 128.
- Click Comments and read the message from the Reviewer (or approver) (the message in the Comments section instructs Ethnic Studies to revise the description). If you want to copy and paste a phrase from the Reviewer comments, select the text, click Ctrl+C, close the comments, right-click to modify the appropriate field, and click Ctrl+V to paste the text.
- Close the Comments field.
Ethnic Studies Department
- Follow steps 4-8 under the instructions for Updating a Course That is Not Cross-listed above.
- After resubmitting ETST 128, the Sociology Department will be notified by email that the updated SOC 128 is in their WIPQ. The Change Summary will show the cross-listed fields that were revised.
- Go to Work-in-Progress Queue and select SOC 128.
- Review the changes made by Ethnic Studies (see Change Summary).
- Make additional revisions, if necessary, or submit SOC 128 by clicking Submit Course.
- If you make additional revisions to fields whose content is common to both SOC 128 and ETST 128, the Ethnic Studies Department will be notified by email that the updated ETST 128 has been returned to their WIPQ.