- Click Search/Modify Course at the CRAMS main menu to search for the course you wish to restore (see "Search for a Course Guide").
- Enter the Subject Area, Course Number, and Course Suffix (if any) of the course to
be restored. Set the remaining fields as needed. Click Search Courses.
- Double-click the version (usually the most recent) of the course to be restored, or
single- click and then click Select.
NOTE: To preview the course in form format before you restore it, go to the very top menu bar and click File and then Preview. Close the form to return
to the database.
- Click SAVE WORK to make a working copy of the course and to update the Action field.
- Modify or complete the First Effective Quarter and Year, Justification, Syllabus,
and Approvals fields, and the fields onthe Other Courses/Programs page if necessary,
but do not complete the Cross-listed field until step 8 below. To modify or complete
a field, do the following:
- Right-click in the field and click Modify.
NOTE: Clicking on History displays the history of a field (all previous versions). The Compare
option is available only on longer fields and is designed for use only with courses
that have been returned to you by the Reviewer or an approver (see "Returned Courses Guide").
- Revise the field.
- Enter the Field Justification if one displays and check spelling, if necessary.
- Click OK to exit the field.
- Modify or complete other fields as necessary, but do not complete the Cross-listed
field until step 8 below.
NOTE: When you made a working copy of the course, some of the fields were erased in the
copy. You may need to fill in the missing information.
- If the course was cross-listed, and its partner is also being restored, enter the partner's subject area, course number, and course suffix (if any) in the
Cross-listed field (see instruction in "Dealing with Cross-Listed Courses Guide", Creating and Revising Cross-listed Courses)
If the partner is not being restored, do not enter the partner's subject area, course number, and course suffix (if any)
in the Cross-listed field; however do state in the justification for the Cross-listed
field that the partner is not being restored (e.g., XXX-000 is not being restored).
- Save the course by clicking Save Work (top left of the screen).
- To exit the course without submitting, click Menu (top right of the screen). However, to submit the course, skip step 10
and go to step 11.
NOTE: To subsequently retrieve the course, access it through the Work-in-Progress Queue
(WIPQ) at the CRAMS main menu
- To proofread the course, click Proofread (top middle of screen) and use the form format that appears to proofread
your input. Close the form to return to the database and update the course if necessary.
- To submit the course to the Reviewer (Registrar's Office), click Submit Course (top middle of screen ).
If you find you have submitted in error, call the Reviewer to have the course returned
NOTE: The Change Summary page and Preview format will show the Reviewer the fields that
have changed from the last approved version.